SCSI RAID card recommendation (1/2 height PCI-X U320 SCSI dual channel)

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Fri Jan 6 07:11:14 PST 2006

On Jan 5, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> There's an interesting thread about the AMR RAID controller used in
> the newer 18x0/28x0 Dells with the PERC/4 controller, and I know of
> enough people using them that such improvements (by Doug Ambrisko?)
> will be welcomed.

Thanks for your note.  Turns out I have more than one Dell system
with aac controllers in them :-)

One happens to be a PE 1750 with the PERC 3/Di in it running RAID1.
It is lightly loaded but is sufficient for that server's needs, but
is running FreeBSD 4.11 on it.

Is there a way to backport this diskinfo utility to 4.x or 5.x?
Looks most useful!  On my 6.0 box with a PERC 3/Si card (aac driver
too) it is showing seek times slower than yours but transfer rates
faster.