nfs woes in FreeBSD 6.0

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon Feb 27 07:36:23 PST 2006

At 10:26 AM 27/02/2006, Danny Butroyd wrote:

>OK, do the changes affect both server and client and is there any
>documentation on the changes?

cvs commits and reading this mailing is the best place to track what
has changed in detail.  Unfortunately, there is no middle ground
source for information.  I use a procmail script to sort all RELENG_6
commits into a file that I can then search through after the fact.
The descriptions generally offer an OK description as to what was
changed / fixed improved. If that fails, going back to the original
commit message might offer more detail.  e.g. a quick perusal of just
the nfs code commits shows a couple of obvious bug fixes.

maxim       2005-12-15 18:10:37 UTC

   FreeBSD src repository

   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_6)
     sys/nfsclient        nfs_socket.c
   Log:
   MFC rev. 1.134: fix for a bug where NFS/TCP would
   not reconnect (in the case where the server FIN'ed).

   PR:             kern/88833
   Requested by:   Roman V. Palagin
   Approved by:    Mohan Strinivasan

   Revision   Changes    Path
   1.125.2.5  +1 -1      src/sys/nfsclient/nfs_socket.c

tegge       2006-01-14 01:05:22 UTC

   FreeBSD src repository

   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_6)
     sys/nfs4client       nfs4_vfsops.c
   Log:
   MFC: Obtain mount point lock before restarting sync loop if vget() failed.

   Revision  Changes    Path
   1.20.2.1  +1 -0      src/sys/nfs4client/nfs4_vfsops.c

rwatson     2006-02-14 00:06:32 UTC

   FreeBSD src repository

   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_6)
     sys/nfsclient        nfs_lock.c
   Log:
   Merge nfs_lock.c:1.43 from HEAD to RELENG_6:

     In nfs_dolock(), GC now under-used ioflg, rendered obsolete when we moved
     from using a fifo to talk to rpc.lockd to using a special device node.

   Approved by:    re (scottl)

rees        2006-02-16 02:39:53 UTC

   FreeBSD src repository

   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_6)
     sys/nfsclient        nfs_socket.c
   Log:
   MFC rev 1.135:
   Don't log an error on tcp connection reset, even if we don't get ECONNRESET.

   Submitted by:   cel at citi.umich.edu
   Approved by:    re (scottl)

   Revision   Changes    Path
   1.125.2.6  +2 -2      src/sys/nfsclient/nfs_socket.c