Matlab

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Feb 27 05:01:10 PST 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 22:45, Albert Shih wrote:
> > > /usr/local/matlab/bin/matlab: line 1: /lib/libc.so.6: cannot execute
> > > binary file /usr/local/matlab-14/bin/glnx86/MATLAB: error while loading
> > > shared libraries: /usr/lib/libtermcap.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid
> > >
> > > But I've compile the kernel with linux option and maple (other soft
> > > using linux too) work fine.
> >
> > Do you have "linux_enable=YES" in your rc.conf?
>
> Yes of course...
>
> If I don't maple can't run...

The problem you are having is that the FreeBSD libtermcap.so file is being
found by the Linux dynamic linker.

Unfortunately it does not just ignore the fact it's a FreeBSD binary - it
blows up.

You can try adding a manual symlink - I have libreadline.so.4 from linux_base
but not libreadline.so, ie I suggest you do this..
cd /compat/linux/usr/lib
ln -s libreadline.so.4 libreadline.so

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum