mysql50-server not starting correctly on FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE (ldconfig, rcorder)

Derrick derrick at uniquestrength.net
Wed Feb 22 20:37:16 PST 2006

    Recently, my mysql 50 and 51 ports are not upgrading properly. My
system has the most up to date ports tree. I get the following when I
try to upgrade. I cant even install from ports mysql 5.1, but I can
pkg_add it.
v/r
Derrick

portupgrade -arR
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 155 packages
found (-0 +2) .. done]
** Port marked as IGNORE: security/cyrus-sasl2:
        cannot install: unknown MySQL version: 5
** Port marked as IGNORE: databases/mysql50-server:
        cannot install: the port wants mysql50-client and you try to
install mysql5-client.
** Port marked as IGNORE: mail/postfix-current:
        cannot install: unknown MySQL version: 5
** Port marked as IGNORE: mail/dovecot:
        cannot install: unknown MySQL version: 5
** Port marked as IGNORE: databases/courier-authlib-mysql:
        cannot install: unknown MySQL version: 5
** Port marked as IGNORE: databases/php5-mysqli:
        cannot install: unknown MySQL version: 5
** Port marked as IGNORE: databases/mysqlcc:
        cannot install: unknown MySQL version: 5

<snip>