uscanner-problems

Holger Kipp hk at alogis.com
Tue Feb 21 15:02:03 PST 2006

Hello List,

I encounter some strange problems with accessing my
Epson Perfection 1260 Scanner (Plustek):

sane-find-scanner from non-root-user that belongs to
group usb finds the scanner every time (so far):

    # No SCSI scanners found.
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x011d) at /dev/uscanner0

sane-find-scanner from root does so sometimes.  I got
the following different things:

a)  # No SCSI scanners found.
    # No USB scanners found.

b)  # No SCSI scanners found.
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x011d) at /dev/uscanner0

c)  hangs, according to ctrl-t in state [cbwait]

scanimage -L from non-root-user finds the scanner only
the first time, then again after reattaching the scanner.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour? This worked ok with
gimp, xscanimage etc. on 6.0-STABLE. Unfortunately I
don't use the scanner that often, but it did work ok
on 25.01.2006 (timestamp of last image I scanned).

Regards,
Holger Kipp