hostap with atheros unusable on releng_6?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Tue Feb 21 08:02:54 PST 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 12:36, Martin wrote:

> RELENG_6 is the whole branch. What date has your kernel been built?

6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #2: Sun Feb 19 12:45:27 BRT 2006

sources are same date

> I experience this when using 11g mode with hostap. The maximal
> performance I've seen was about 2,5MB/s transfering a file.
> But scp mostly gives up transfering large file and the log says
> something about wrong MAC address. There are also large delays
> sometimes and the average performance is a lot worse than in 11b
> mode.

no problem at all, I get full througput in any mode as long as the device is
working, it is not a performance issue, it stops rx/tx

> Are you sure you don't have problems with DHCP or something like that,
> when using 11b?

hum, what dhcp should have to do if the radio works or not?

> You're lucky. My wi(4) never worked properly (around 5.0R) and I gave it
> back. I realized that FreeBSD hostap support wasn't stable at that time.

not all wi devices are capable to do hostap

João