LSI Trouble

Tony Del Porto tony at usenix.org
Fri Feb 17 16:05:23 PST 2006

> After changing of UPS we start everything up and my LSI controller
> starts to claim that disk and NVRAM configuration mismatch.

Anton,

Apologies if this has been answered - I get the digest.

This information is from the January 2005 User's Guide
(MegaRAID_software_guide_ver01_PDF_Draft_20050111.pdf), available on
LSI's website. I haven't tried this, and have a different MegaRaid
controller in any case, so you may want to wait to speak with LSI's
tech support if you can, especially if you don't have backup of your
data. Not sure if the firmware version on your card will have an
impact on what features are available.

---
2.12.1 Resolving a Configuration Mismatch
If the replacement controller has a previous configuration, the message
Unresolved configuration mismatch between disk(s) and NVRAM
on the adapter displays during the power-on self test (POST) stating
that there is a configuration mismatch. A configuration mismatch occurs
when the configuration data in the NVRAM and that on the hard disk
drives are different. You need to update the configuration data in
the NVRAM
with the data from the hard disk drive. Perform the following steps
to resolve
the mismatch.
Step1. Press <Ctrl> <M> when prompted during bootup to access the
BIOS Configuration Utility.
Step2. Select Configure—>View/Add Configuration.
This gives you the option to view both the configuration on the
NVRAM and the hard drive disk.
Step3. Select the configuration on disk.
Step4. Press <Esc> and select YES to update the NVRAM.
Step5. Press <Esc> to exit, then reboot.
---

HTH,

Tony Del Porto
SysAdmin
USENIX Association
2560 9th Street, Suite 215, Berkeley CA 94710
tony at usenix.org | www.usenix.org | www.sage.org