Ignoring firewall startup scripts

Rick Helmus rhelmus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:25:33 PST 2006

2006/2/17, Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru>:

> Good! ;-)
>
> Next try. What are your kernel and /etc/make.conf settings about IPV6?
> If I'm not mistaken, the most significant change at current STABLE
> concerning ipfw is that the latter is ipv6-enabled by default. Maybe
> some inconsistency between the kernel and options (or modules, or ...)?

Hmm lets see...I didn't put anything for ipv6 in make.conf or the
kernel config file.

Although I forgot to mention that I disabled ipv6 from rc.conf after
this occured. When it's enabled I got a few messages during boot
saying something like "sendmsg: permission denied" (obvious if
everything is blocked :).
I only changed the ipv6_enable variable to "NO" to disable it, the
other (commented) ipv6 variables in rc.conf were there to test if it
would make any difference...

PS: I changed to the ULE scheduler during the upgrade...I don't think
it matters but just mention it anyway :)