Ignoring firewall startup scripts

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Feb 17 14:07:49 PST 2006

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:39:26 +0000 Rick Helmus wrote:

> > Just a wild guess (you didn't mention it): did you use mergemaster?
> > You didn't say how long was your jump, from which version did you
> > upgrade? /usr/src/UPDATING gives us more than one way to
> > upgrade. Which way did you follow?

> I did some combinations from the handbook and the UPDATING file:

> ./upsrc.sh (script to cvsup src)

> cd /usr/obj
> chflags -R noschg *
> rm -rf *

> make buildworld
> make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

> shutdown now
> make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
> reboot (to single user)

> fsck -p
> mount -u /
> mount -a -t ufs
> swapon -a

> mergemaster -p
> make installworld
> make delete-old
> mergemaster
> reboot

> So yep I did mergemaster :)

Good! ;-)

Next try. What are your kernel and /etc/make.conf settings about IPV6?
If I'm not mistaken, the most significant change at current STABLE
concerning ipfw is that the latter is ipv6-enabled by default. Maybe
some inconsistency between the kernel and options (or modules, or ...)?

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer
InPharmTech Co,     http://www.ipt.ru