2 NICs, SMP, weird kernel ARP messages

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 05:07:23 PST 2006

Thomas Franck wrote:
[ ... ]
> It doesn't seem to affect the function of the server, but it's
> mighty irritating and blows up the logs a lot... plus, I don't
> think it's supposed to show this behaviour.. :)
>
> I've going through the archives & web but the threads I found
> didn't fit my case.. :(

The first two hits from Google were informative, but this is what you want:

  sysctl net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_wrong_iface=0

Your network would be better configured if separate subnets were actually in
separate collision domains, by using VLANs or an individual hub/switch for each
subnet.  The error message is useful to those people for whom it would be a
genuine sign of problems...

--
-Chuck