clock reverts to epoch on boot?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Feb 14 01:46:08 PST 2006

Vinny Abello <vinny at tellurian.com> wrote:
 > CPUTYPE=pentium4

Better use "?=".

 > CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe
 > COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe

I recommend not to overide those two at all.  Especially
your CFLAGS setting might generate broken code because
there are sources which are not aliasing-clean, which can
break with any optimizations beyond -O, unless you also
specify -fno-strict-aliasing.

The defaults are "-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe" for
CFLAGS, and for COPTFLAGS it's "-O -pipe" if DEBUG is
defined (the default in GENERIC), otherwise "-O2 -pipe
-fno-strict-aliasing".

Best regards
   Oliver

"I learned Java 3 years before Python.  It was my language of
choice.  It took me two weekends with Python before I was more
productive with it than with Java." -- Anthony Roberts