FreeBSD6 freeze at boot

Julien Ammous julien.ammous at supinfo.com
Mon Feb 13 08:55:47 PST 2006

In fact i forgot this but I disabled acpi and apic (i don't even know
what apic is) in my current config, i tried different configurations
like disabling only acpi but the current proved to be the best. Without
disabling any of these the system nearly freeze everytime at same point
as described in my firt message.

What is really annoying is that I have absolutely no idea of what is
wrong how i could make things better, since the system is designed to be
deployed in closed server rooms at the client company if the server
freeze we are in great troubles if noone is around :\

Trying with freebsd 5.4 would really be hard to do and to maintain since
my host system is under freebsd 6 (the computer i build compact flash
system image on) so i would really prefer another option.