kernel compile error - ata_modify_if_48bit

Iantcho Vassilev ianchov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 10:02:52 PST 2006

here is the output from the default kernel build:

./aicasm -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/altq
-I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/pf
-I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath/freebsd
-I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ngatm -I/usr/src/sys/dev/twa -I/usr/src/sys/cam/scsi
-I/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx -o aic79xx_seq.h -r aic79xx_reg.h -p
aic79xx_reg_print.c -i /usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic79xx_osm.h
/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic79xx.seq
./aicasm: 826 instructions used
awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/miidevs2h.awk /usr/src/sys/dev/mii/miidevs
awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/pccarddevs2h.awk
/usr/src/sys/dev/pccard/pccarddevs
awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/usbdevs2h.awk /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs -h
awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/usbdevs2h.awk /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs -d
sed -e 's/^.*#include.*phy\.h.*$//' /usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/nve/os.h >
os+%DIKED-nve.h
make: don't know how to make /usr/src/sys/dev/cardbus/cardbus_device.c. Stop
*** Error code 2