Texas Instruments Card Reader.

Daniel Bond daniel at bondconsult.com
Sat Feb 4 16:41:50 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-prerelease on my laptop and it is running really
great, except my SD/MMC Cardreader. Its a Texas Instrumens Chip, I'l
paste the interesting <snip> from pciconf:
<snip>
none3 at pci6:9:3: class=0x018000 card=0x300717c0 chip=0x8033104c rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Texas Instruments (TI)'
    device   = 'PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller'
    class    = mass storage
</snip>

I would like to store geli-keys and ssh-host and maybe have a litte
encrypted partition on a memorycard too.

I've been googling the subject for several weeks, I'm sure that if I
find the driver it's only a matter of adding the device-id and possibly
do some minimal hacking. I'm pretty sure there is a driver, because I've
seen so many posts about people saying their texas-instr. based
cardreaders work. Can anyone point me in a direction on this one? :-)

-Danny.