dhclient in 6.0

kalin mintchev kalin at el.net
Fri Feb 3 07:44:20 PST 2006

> try install /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3-client
> and edit your rc.conf:
> dhclient_program="/usr/local/sbin/dhclient"
> dhclient_flags= see manual for isc-dhcp3-client

 ok..  this sounds reasonable...
 but how do i tell the dhcp server what number am i assigning to fxp0?
 now ifconfig shows exactly the same as on the other laptop except the IP
of course.

 route get 192.168.1.1 shows also the same output except expire is a
negative number. how do i make the dhcp sever aware of the IP i assigned
to fxp0?

  thanks....