SCSI device timeout

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Wed Feb 1 01:57:25 PST 2006

Derkjan de Haan wrote:

> All,
>
> Today, after a cvsup (RELENG_6) and a rebuild of kernel and world, my
> system no longer boots. It hangs on
>
> Waiting 5 seconds for SCSI devices to settle
>
> Booting from the previous kernel allows my system to boot again. Please let
> me know if I can do anything to diagnose further.
>

> regards,
>
> Derkjan de Haan

I have exactly the same problem here on a ASUS A7V333 Motherboard and
an Adaptec 3960D SCSI Controller.

The problem seems to be in the acpi interrupt routing, I've updated
the mainboard Bios to the last available version in the meantime
(1018.004 Beta) with no luck. Disabling acpi completly helps booting
the machine again..

Regards,

Holm
--
L&P::Kommunikation GbR          Holm Tiffe  * Administration, Development
FreibergNet.de Internet Systems                     phone +49 3731 419010