Change in Promise controllers

Christian Baer christian.baer at informatik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 1 01:31:00 PST 2006

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:33:24 +1300 Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> Not of much help to you I'm afraid :-( , but a couple of us see a very
> similar error with the SX4060 (PDC20621) - same chip as the SX4000 which
> works perfectly for Søren, so I'll be very interested to find out what
> is going on with this!

Doesn't really help, correct. :-)

In my case however, the chip isn't even the same. I'm not sure what
exactly is happening here, but there seems to be one version of my
controller out there with a PDC20775 (which I have[1]) and one with ad
PDC40775. I don't know what the differences are, but since
FreeBSD 6-STABLE was running (as such) until a few days ago (that's when
the controller was recognized as a 40775), I am guessing that there is
some difference in these chips, even if not much.

Maybe I'll mess around with the code a little. :-)

Regards
Chris