Sleepy thread - Kernel Panic

Tek Bahadur Limbu teklimbu at wlink.com.np
Sat Dec 30 22:40:55 PST 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:36:30 -0400
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:

> Yours makes the third report of this that I know of ... one of us is
> running 6.2-RC, one 6.1-RELEASE ... what version are you running?  I
> get the same 'hang' also ...
>
> Have you enabled DDB in your kernel?  Also, have you enabled the
> dumpdev settings in /etc/rc.conf?
>
> - --On Thursday, December 28, 2006 17:27:38 +0545 Tek Bahadur Limbu
> <teklimbu at wlink.com.np> wrote:

> - ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org) Email .
> scrappy at hub.org                              MSN . scrappy at hub.org
> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

Dear Marc,

I apologize for the delay in this email.

I am using FreeBSD 6.1 (i386) with SMP on a dell 420. I have not
enabled DDB in my kernel. I also don't have dumpdev in my rc.conf too.

What will be the implications of having those options in the Kernel and
rc.conf?

However, I doubt that this could be some hardware problem. Please shed
some light on this?

- --

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,