system breach

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Fri Dec 29 21:10:43 PST 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 21:50, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> That looks like CPAN to me.

pear is actually like CPAN - but for PHP.

I didn't have the said download directory on my FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE machine,
but going to /usr/ports/devel/pear and doing make all install clean sure does
create the directory and the files inside.

That directory is basically used when pear is downloading modules (hope that's
what they're called).

 [root at backup] ~ #> pear config-show | grep download_dir
PEAR Installer download        download_dir     /tmp/download
[root at backup] ~ #>

You can change the location of that directory at any time using pear
config-set (works on a per user basis writing to their $HOME/.pearrc) or by
editing the file /usr/local/etc/pear.conf.

Try "pear help" for more details.

--
patrick