burncd 'blank' not terminating ?

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 29 08:49:56 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 12:15:37AM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> Did you know that ATAPI is actually just the SCSI command set that is
> merely encapsulated into the IDE wire protocol?

This is something Linux has done (you can still use the direct ATA
and IDE subsystems if you want, but in most major distros I've seen
as of late, they use a SCSI-to-ATA conversion layer).

Thus: why haven't we moved the front-end to the ATA subsystem into
atapicam(4) then?  Is it just the amount of work involved, or are
there technical reasons?

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |