Duplicate IPFW rules

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Thu Dec 21 18:59:48 PST 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Scott Ullrich wrote:

 > On 12/21/06, Václav Haisman <V.Haisman at sh.cvut.cz> wrote:
 > > Oh, I did not realise this use. Hmm...still, I thought that this is what
 > > tables are for :)
 >
 > Yep, thats another usage for tables.  But tables have not been around
 > for very long either.  Considering that I have used IPFW since FreeBSD
 > version 2 or something or another these fancy features have not always
 > been around :)

Perhaps worth noting that on FreeBSD 2 (and iirc, 3) 'ipfw delete $rule'
only deleted the first of any set of same-numbered rules, ie you had to
issue multiple delete commands.  This behaviour changed somewhere in 4.x
to a single delete command removing all same-numbered rules; I had to
modify several scripts at the time to accomodate that (sensible) change.

Cheers, Ian