mountd(8) tries to remount / as R/W

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Tue Dec 12 01:36:51 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project at school where we're creating a
minimal fileserver that boots from flash and serves data from a harddisk
through NFS. Our /etc/exports is very small at the moment. It only
contains:

/disk

The problem is that FreeBSD tries to remount the flash as read-write.
When I perform some hard resets, the system boots with the message right
after starting mountd:

WARNING: R/W mount of / denied.  Filesystem is not clean - run fsck

Is it possible to teach mountd to leave the root filesystem alone?

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>
 WWW: http://g-rave.nl/