Browser plugin problems still exist in 6.2

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Dec 7 02:30:59 PST 2006

Hi,

It still seems to be necessary to patch rtld in order to get the Flash
plugin to work (www/linux-flashplugin7) due to the '_dlsym' symbol not
being found.

I was able to use a smaller patch to do this, see attached (although
this may not build with the Intel C compiler).

Also, a more recent version of the Adobe Acrobat viewer
(print/acroread7) is needed in order to stop the XtCalloc messages.
Details here:
    https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/acroread/+bug/41787

Make sure /compat/linux/dev/null does not exist; if it does, as a
regular file, that's bogus and will stop nppdf.so from loading.

With these changes, both plugins work on my system.

BMS