FreeBSD 6.2-RC1: Upgrade Issues

Khaled Moussa khmoussa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 06:42:39 PST 2006

I just upgraded my FreeBSD 6.1 Release to FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 through CVSup.
All went smooth and OK with buildworld, build & install my custom
kernel, installworld, and mergemaster and system works finely except of
the 2 following issues:

1- During boot, I get the following error messages after ipv6 messages:

      * get_llflag() failed, anyway I'll try
      * sendmsg on plip0: Can't assign requested address
      * sendmsg on plip0: Can't assign requested address
      * sendmsg on plip0: Can't assign requested address

Commenting the "ipv6_enable=yes" entry in /etc/rc.conf, these messages
don't appear?

2- Upon restarting or shutting down the system, I get the following
error messages on swap partition:

      * GEOM_ELI: Detached ad0s1b.eli on last close.
      * swap_pager: I/O error - pagein failed; blkno #, size #, error 5
      * panic: swap_pager_force_pagein: read from swap failed
      * Cannot dump. No dump device defined
      * Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press any key on console to
        reboot or switch off system.

Switching power off, however, doesn't work also and reboot is the only
option available through KB.
I have an extra swap file (256M) under /usr also
Any clues on managing the above problems are appreciated.
Khaled Moussa