SunFire X4100 MPT Issues 6.2 RC1

Spartak Radchenko spartak at aif.ru
Fri Dec 1 18:24:25 PST 2006

Dave wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Vivek Khera wrote:
>

>> On Dec 1, 2006, at 11:29 AM, Dave wrote:
>>
>>> We have talked to Sun about it and have not heard back on a fix for
>>> the latest BIOS.  We have been given an older version of the BIOS
>>> that does not have this issue.
>>>

>> Which version of bios is the latest that works for you?  I have two
>> of these X4100's and they both came with bios 1.0.0 (even though
>> purchased 10 months apart).  I'm now afraid to update the bios since
>> we boot from an external RAID array.
>
> We are running the 1.2.1 package from Sun on the ILOM card and the
> system BIOS.  The LSI card is running:
>
>   LSI Logic Corp. MPT SAS BIOS
>   MPTBIOS-6.04.07.00 (2005.11.03)
>   Copyright 2000-2005 LSI Logic Corp.
>
> The upgrade to the ILOM card, and consequently the system BIOS,
> will not upgrade the LSI card and cause the boot problem that has
> been reported by me and others.  As far as I know, the problem is
> only caused by upgrading the LSI MPT card to version 6.06.06.00.

I have problems too with booting FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 amd64 on the Intel
SR2500 server with the LSI MTP card.

LSI Logic Corp. MPT SAS BIOS
MPTBIOS-6.06.07.00 (2006.04.07)

FreeBSD boots from the installation DVD and installs ok, but I get "BTX halted" error trying to boot from the hard drive.

--
Spartak Radchenko SVR1-RIPE