SunFire X4100 MPT Issues 6.2 RC1

David Duchscher daved at tamu.edu
Fri Dec 1 15:44:33 PST 2006

On Dec 1, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2006, at 3:27 PM, Dave wrote:
>
>> The upgrade to the ILOM card, and consequently the system BIOS,
>> will not upgrade the LSI card and cause the boot problem that has
>> been reported by me and others.  As far as I know, the problem is
>> only caused by upgrading the LSI MPT card to version 6.06.06.00.
>
> Ah.... so it doesn't affect external disk booting?  I thought that
> was an issue too.  I remember reading in the BIOS release notes
> that the LSI card bios had to be updated to use the newer system BIOS.

I don't know if upgrading the LSI MPT card to version 6.06.06.00
will cause problems with external booting.  I do know that you can
PXE boot with the LSI MPT version at that level.  As for keeping
the all the firmware in sync, that is a concern but its a choice
of evils for us at the moment.  I would suggest not upgrading unless
you have a pressing need.

--
Dave