SunFire X4100 MPT Issues 6.2 RC1

Dave kreios at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 12:29:47 PST 2006

On Dec 1, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2006, at 11:29 AM, Dave wrote:
>
>> We have talked to Sun about it and have not heard back on a fix for
>> the latest BIOS.  We have been given an older version of the BIOS
>> that does not have this issue.
>>

> Which version of bios is the latest that works for you?  I have two
> of these X4100's and they both came with bios 1.0.0 (even though
> purchased 10 months apart).  I'm now afraid to update the bios
> since we boot from an external RAID array.

We are running the 1.2.1 package from Sun on the ILOM card and the
system BIOS.  The LSI card is running:

   LSI Logic Corp. MPT SAS BIOS
   MPTBIOS-6.04.07.00 (2005.11.03)
   Copyright 2000-2005 LSI Logic Corp.

The upgrade to the ILOM card, and consequently the system BIOS,
will not upgrade the LSI card and cause the boot problem that has
been reported by me and others.  As far as I know, the problem is
only caused by upgrading the LSI MPT card to version 6.06.06.00.

--
Dave