sshd. "UseDNS no" ignored?

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Fri Dec 1 02:14:34 PST 2006

Hello!

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>> http://www.ssh.com/support/downloads/secureshellserver/non-commercial.html
>>
>> contains both download URLs and "Non-commercial license agreement for SSH
>> Secure Shell for Servers" link.
>
> Right, and the license restriction to non-commercial use only means that SSH
> Secure Shell is not OSI Open Source, because it violates OSD #6:

    And I didn't say that it's the OSI Open Source. I wrote "(which is also
open-source)", not even "Open Source". So I didn't mean that you can just
copy&paste their sources into OpenSSH. But nothing prevents you from reading
their sources and understand how it works (and later write your own code
that implements those useful features missing in OpenSSH). And no, I'm
not going to waste my time for it until ssh2 disappears from the ports
collection ;)

> -Chuck

Sincerely, Dmitry
--