tcp/udp performance

Mohan Srinivasan mohan_srinivasan at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 18:42:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

1) Have you made sure there are no NFS rexmits reported by nfsstat -c ?

2) I haven't run thruput tests lately, but when I tested NFS/UDP thruput a
    few months ago, I routinely got over 70MB/s sequential read thruput
    and over 80MB/s sequential write thruput (against filers). I used 32KB
    blocksizes. -current improves upon this significantly, by about 25%-30%.
    Send me private e-mail and we can discuss NFS client tunings.

mohan