5.5 to 6.1 upgrade

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Aug 22 22:27:21 UTC 2006

> Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:07:45 +0300
> From: "Todorov @ Paladin" <todorov at paladin.bulgarpress.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
>
> Vivek Khera написа:

> >> How to find which is dynamically using libs and which application is
> >> not?
> >>
> >> This is something I was wondering before...
> >>
> >> Thank you in advance.
> >
> > path of least resistance: upgrade everything. :-)
> >
> > sometimes it is easier to start from scratch with a CD or network
> > install.
> >
> Something related to this topic - where are the options we choose for a
> specific port saved? Also - why portupgrade is not always aware of
> previously chosen options for a port build?

This is rather new and not as well publicized as it might have been.

As ports are updated, configuration options are stored in
/var/ports/PORTNAME/options. If you want to flush this for a port, 'make
rmconfig' will do the job. You will be asked for options the next time
you make the port, or you can 'make config' on a port to have it ask again.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)