if_xl WOL patch against 5.5

Anne Marcel Roorda marcel at slowthinkers.net
Tue Aug 22 10:04:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

  There has been an open PR to enable WOL on HEAD since Jul 2005:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/83807

  That included WOL wupport for the if_sis driver.

  I've used that to create a patch for 5.5 and the if_xl driver,
I do not have access to a card that uses the if_sis driver so
I did not modify that driver.

  The patch is available from:

http://www.slowthinkers.net/~marcel/diff/22-08-2006.freebsd.wol.diff

  I've tested it against a card that is detected as:

xl0: <3Com 3c905C-TX Fast Etherlink XL> port 0xc400-0xc47f mem 0xd8000000-0xd800007f irq 19 at device 9.0 on pci0

  What would be the next step to get this commited ?

Regards,

- marcel