New Intel boards (was: Re: ATA problems again ... general problem of ICH7 or ATA?)

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 07:22:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 09:10:53AM +0200, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
 > Hi, all!
 >
 > On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 04:03:47AM +0200, Konstantin Saurbier wrote:
 >
 > > This errors are not driver or OS dependent such as they appear on
 > > FreeBSD as well on different Linux distros.
 > > Since not all controllers suffering of these errors it is maybe
 > > depending on the firmware or board/chip revisions.
 >
 > We have two brand new TYAN B5161G20SH4 systems that feature
 > ICH7 controllers and SATA-hotplug-bays. One system is equipped
 > with two Seagate ST3160811AS drives, the other one with
 > WD1600YS-01SHB0 drives.
 > Both are configured with gmirror for slice 1.
 >
 > No problems at all after several days of "make -j4 buildworld".
 >
 > OTOH I can confirm that I got random "watchdog timeouts"
 > with the em driver. debug.mpsafenet=0 fixed the problem
 > for now.

Several users reported em(4) watchdog errors but I couldn't reproduce
it on my system. A blind patch posted to net ML and I'd like to hear
success/failure report.

See http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2006-August/011352.html
Make sure to enable "debug.mpsafenet=1" during testing.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon