make buildworld does nothing

Tom Hummel xiongfeng.tom at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:21:19 UTC 2006

Hi list,

a recent test-install of OBSD somehow destroyed parts of my FBSD
installation so I was forced to reinstall, which wasn't so much of a
problem since my ~ partition was still fine.

However since the new installation of FBSD6_1 a 'make buildworld' in a
freshly csup'ed /usr/src of RELENG_6 does nothing. There's no output at
all and no acitivity - clean and kernel targets are doing something, but
kernel fails. I don't know where to start looking for problems since I
have no error message - nothing.

Overnight I build some ports and let a 'make buildword' job idling
around for 8 hours - with nothing done.

What can I do? Where can I look?

tom