installword with DESTDIR=/nfs doesn't work?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Aug 14 17:02:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just tried to do a "make installworld" with DESTDIR set
to a directory on an NFS server.  It broke like this:

===> lib/libcom_err/doc (install)
lockf -k /mnt/data/6.1-TEST/original-tree/usr/share/info/dir  install-info --quiet  --defsection="Programming & development tools."  --defentry="* libcom_err: (com_err).        A Common Error Description Library for UNIX."  com_err.info /mnt/data/6.1-TEST/original-tree/usr/share/info/dir
lockf: cannot open /mnt/data/6.1-TEST/original-tree/usr/share/info/dir: Operation not supported
*** Error code 73
Stop in /usr/src/lib/libcom_err/doc.
*** Error code 1

Am I missing something?  Is installworld over NFS supported
at all?  I could swear I have done it before ...

Best regards
   Oliver

"Documentation is like sex; when it's good, it's very, very good,
and when it's bad, it's better than nothing."
        -- Dick Brandon