Professional sound card

Andrew Reilly areilly at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 7 10:24:52 UTC 2006

Hi Marco,

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:02:59 +0200
Marco Pirovano <marco.pirovano at unibocconi.it> wrote:
> I'm looking for a professional sound card available under FreeBSD-stable.
> Any suggestions ?

I like my M-Audio Delta-1010 very much.  The native FreeBSD
driver wasn't quite up to the task the last time that I looked,
but 4front-tech's (closed source) driver has been available for
a long time. This used to cost (a little) money, but lately they
have been offering it for free for non-commercial use.  Works very
fine.

Hmm.  Just followed a few links and there appears to be a deal of
Envy24 support in the current set of drivers.  Must see if
they'll talk to my card now...

Cheers,

--
Andrew