sudo

Matt Schwartz mes5048 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 7 01:31:34 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I have noticed that since upgrading to FreeBSD 6 STABLE that sudo is
behaving funny.  For example, sudo seems to be remembering passwords.  So,
sudo seems not to be obeying its 5 minute password timeout.  Has anyone else
experienced this?  Even after logging off and back on again, I can use sudo
without it prompting me for a password.  I know I am preaching to the choir
when I say this is dangerous.  How can I remedy the behavior?  I have even
placed the following line in my sudoers file and it had no effect:

meschwartz       ALL=(ALL) PASSWD: ALL

Some insight would be helpful.  If this is the wrong list, I apologize in
advance.

Thanks,

Matt