re interface broken

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Wed Aug 2 14:17:18 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I've got a notebook (HP/Compaq nx7010) with which I'm tracking 6-stable.
Some days (maybe two weeks?) ago my internal network interface (re driver)
became inoperational. The hardware shows a link, but nothing goes over the
wire. I cannot ping, cannot get a dhcp address, nothing.
Meanwhile I did various updates using the old kernel (earlier 6.1-stable),
and I saw several changes affecting if*, re* and so on. However, even
after the latest cvsup today, the interface still doesn't work. Is there
work going on to fix this, can I provide further information to track this
problem down?

cu
  Gerrit