Safe card to replace for ICP Vortex GDT8514RZ ...

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue Aug 1 06:09:16 UTC 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 7:49 PM, User Freebsd wrote:

> I have a remote server, running the above RAID controller, that, as
> most ppl here have seen over the past few weeks, is causing endless
> headaches ...
>
> Official word from Adaptec is that FreeBSD is no longer a supported
> platform, so, I either live with the deadlocks, or try and figure
> out a suitable replacement for the card ...
>
> So, can anyone recommend a card to replace this with?  Its a remote
> server, so I'm looking for something that will be plug-n-play, same
> slot that the GDT is in ... I realize that I'll have to reformat
> the server afterwards ...

You may want to consider the LSI MegaRAID cards...  There are various
ones.  Do you need the low profile format?  Look at the 320-1lp for
that otehrwise the 320-1 or 320-2x

They have freebsd drivers and a command line management app.

I am looking at this to replace an adaptec 2200s eventually (for
different reasons than the OP).

I have not used the SCSI LSI MegaRAID cards through I have some of
their SATA RAID cards.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC