USB & ACPI getting better but not quite there - IBM T42p

Georg-W. Koltermann gwk-fbsd at mnet-mail.de
Sat Apr 15 18:50:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

I was delighted to see that my laptop now wakes up fine when booted from
an external USB disk with 6.1-RC1 (actually RELENG_6_1 supped
yesterday).  I had inadvertently suspended, and it did come back up when
hitting the power switch! It subsequently hung when I switched into X,
but I think that's a problem with DRI.  I saw it as well when booted
from the IDE disk, and it went away after disabling DRI.

But the other problem with powerdown when USB-booted is still there.  If
I hit the power switch it shuts down ok and dismounts all filesystems
but then it sits there, doesn't remove power.

All works fine when booted from the internal IDE disk, it hangs only
when booted from the external USB one.

--
Regards,
Georg.