help ith burncd (Input/output error, 6.1-RC, plextor PX-740a)

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Thu Apr 13 16:28:43 UTC 2006

>    3. Re: help ith burncd (Input/output error, 6.1-RC, plextor
>       PX-740a) (George Hartzell)
>    5. Re: help ith burncd (Input/output error, 6.1-RC, plextor
>       PX-740a) (George Hartzell)
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:13:03 -0700
> From: George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com>
>
> I guess my question is: "Is this one of those known things that
> everyone just ignores, or do I have an unusual problem?"
>
> g.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:12:10 -0700
> From: George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com>
>
> I'm just trying to understand if I have a fixable problem, or burncd
> has a fixable problem, or if it's just the way that things are.....
>
> g.

>From what I've seen in this thread, and my experience, it doesn't seem
to be an unusual problem.

acd0: CDRW <PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1610A/1.04> at ata1-master PIO4 on
FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0.

If I twiddle about with the command line and/or gcombust, I can
eventually burn a CD. But I decided, long ago, that for backups an
external USB drive was a lot easier to deal with. And there is more
space for storage in the bargain.

--
My eyes want to sleep; but the skull is no pillow.