devfs weirdness with kqemu

Craig Boston craig at feniz.gank.org
Wed Apr 12 14:35:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 07:09:17PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
>  Is this something the kld is doing wrong (/usr/ports/emulators/kqemu-kmod)
> or is it a devfs problem?  The report I got was for 6.0, but it also
> happens for me on RELENG_5.  This is nothing serious (kqemu works), but
> it certainly can be confusing for users...

Admittedly the cloning behavior for kqemu is a bit of a hack, but the
module should be working.  Quirky behavior with 'ls' is better than
limiting it to a single process IMO.

IIRC there's still some Linux-ish assumptions made by kqemu about how
devices are opened multiple times that need to be correctly fixed rather
than just worked around.  Been a while since i've looked at it though.

Craig