Maximum Swapsize

Michael Schuh michael.schuh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:13:12 UTC 2006

Hello @all,

last weekend i have setted up an new Machine with
6.1-Beta4. By Installation i have made an Swappartition
with the size of 4GB after install in runtime in top
it sseems to me that the maximum swap-size is
limitied to 2GB or better to INT_MAX ?

At another MAchine with FreeBSD4.11 i have a
Swap-Partition with 1GB size and an Swap-File with
8 GB size, all seem fine top let me show:

Mem: 418M Active, 318M Inact, 193M Wired, 40M Cache, 108M Buf, 1960K Free
Swap: 9216M Total, 257M Used, 8959M Free, 2% Inuse

Is these setting correct for RELENG_6 or 6.1-Beta4,
and get the (default) maxsize for Swap-Partitions increased?

thanks for any help

best regards

Michael