resolver doesn't see resolv.conf changes

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 9 17:01:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

>>>>> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:06:31 +0200
>>>>> Ulrich Spoerlein <spoerlein at googlemail.com> said:

spoerlein> Very nice. I wonder though, why has resinit to come before files?
spoerlein> Shouldn't it be files resinit dns?

Yup, it is enough to put resinit just before dns, and it should work.
However, our resolver calls res_init(3) for some resolver options even
when looking up /etc/hosts.  So, I prefer to put resinit at first.

spoerlein> Anyway, after some limited testing, it seems to work fine. Thanks a
spoerlein> bunch! I hope this does make it into FreeBSD some time.

Thank you for testing.  I've uploaded new tarball which includes a
manpage, little while ago:

	http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/FreeBSD/nss_resinit-20060410.tar.gz

I think there is no inevitability to commit it into our base tree.
Perhaps, the ports is good place.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/