CPU throttling

Graham North northg at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 8 18:12:43 UTC 2006

ACPI Advice  CPU freq management are kind of new to me and I will be
setting up a brand new motherboard with a sempron 3100+ which has power
throttling capabilities.   I want to capture this if possible - CPU
throttling was a key  factor in its choice.

I intend to install as i386 initially.   Do I need to load any specific
drivers in order to enable AMD's on-chip power management?  Can someone
tell me what is built into the kernel and/or what needs to be added?  I
believe that ACPI  is part of the kernel?  Does it just auto-detect and
provide a "ready to run - right out of the box"?   Is it worth waiting a
couple of weeks for 6.1 to be released or are these features solid
already in an updated 6.0?

Thanks for your help.
Graham/

--