sio+acpi woes on HP DL145

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Sat Apr 8 15:37:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Mars G. Miro wrote:

MGM> Greetz!
MGM>
MGM>  I have an HP DL145 that I'm having problems with when connecting via
MGM> serial console. I think it's acpi-related. This is on 6.1-BETA4/amd64
MGM> (5.X is the same also)

[snip]

It seems it's DL145 G2. We use three of them and did not see your problem.
However, *sometimes* serial consoles work only for input (I can login and
check new processes presence on ttyd0, but can not see any messages. Trouble is
that this situation is not easy reproducible, and stty state seems to be the
same.

What is you stop getty on ttyd0 and try to run two tip's?

Sincerely,