resolver doesn't see resolv.conf changes

Ulrich Spoerlein spoerlein at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:08:52 UTC 2006

Hello,

when switching my laptop from LAN to a dialup connection, applications
started _before_ the switch will still try to send DNS queries to my
local DNS server. This isn't ideal, and the only workaround I've found
so far is to restart the application.

Is the resolver supposed to periodically check for updates to the
resolv.conf, or are the applications somehow caching the IP of the DNS
server?

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD