No drives detected with TX4000

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Thu Apr 6 01:57:20 UTC 2006

I swapped out a TX2000 for a TX4000 today, and naively thought that I'd
just be able to plug in the new card and reboot. Unfortunately, it does
not detect the 4 drives (Maxtor 6E040L0).

Booting off the 6.0R install cd shows the card detected ok, and 6 ATA
channels - 2 on-board + 4 on-card. Running 'atacontrol list' from a
fixit shell lists the 4 channels with no drives attached.

Is there anything special that needed for the TX4000, compared to the
TX2000?

Cheers

Mark