smartmontools and latest 6.1 prerelease

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Apr 5 21:24:17 UTC 2006

At 05:15 PM 05/04/2006, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>Mike Tancsa wrote:
>>At 04:23 PM 05/04/2006, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>>
>>>If this was necessary then you didn't completely upgrade
>>>(e.g. buildworld); your kernel was out of sync with your userland.
>>
>>I did a full buildworld / buildkernel.  Still had to rebuild the
>>port.  Perhaps a note in UPDATING ?
>
>Can you tell us what version you upgraded from? Just so others can
>avoid this...

I was running RELENG_6 a few days prior to the commit below

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-all/2006-April/165133.html

smartmontools was the latest out of the ports, compiled around the
end of March.  Like I said,
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/smartmontools
make deinstall && make clean && make install

fixed it.

         ---Mike

         ---Mike