gnokii on FreeBSD 6.0 and Dell PE 2850

Morten A. Middelthon morten at freenix.no
Tue Apr 4 07:22:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:13:50PM +0100, Helge.Oldach at atosorigin.com wrote:

> > Mar 22 08:41:38 nefarian kernel: sio0: 2 more silo overflows (total
> 16)
>
> This is often related to interrupt contention. Probably your new machine
> shares
> the IRQ of /dev/cuad0 with other devices. If another device hangs on the
> IRQ for
> too long, the cuad0 silo will overflow and you are losing characters,
> which
> probably cause the gnokii conversation with the phone to fail. Try
> tweaking your
> BIOS so that cuad0 doesn't share interrupts.
>
> I've seen other suggestions, such as fiddling with HZ and modifying
> sio.c but
> this one is probably the simplest.

Hi,

thanks for the good suggestion. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to
experiment with the IRQs as you suggested, as I needed gnokii back up and
working quickly. See my previous mail to this list today for further info :)

Anyway, thanks for your time

with regards,

--
Morten A. Middelthon

75% of the Earth is covered by water, Jeeps cover the rest.