smp on dell poweredge freeze: 5.4 p7

Rutger Bevaart rutger.bevaart at illian.net
Fri Sep 23 05:00:15 PDT 2005

> > >So try to disable HTT in BIOS.
> > on thing more, that hasn't never happent before updating to p7.
>
> It could be minor updates to the scheduler, disksystem etc. which
> triggers this error, but only appears as a result of two or more
> factors, which weren't present before p7.
>
> regards
> Claus

We experience this problem on all 5.4 releases and occasionally on
4.10 and 4.11. All systems are Dell 1750's. Looking at the changes
present in p5, p6 and p7 it seems unlikely that that has caused it,
but if you have found why this occurs please respond back to the
list! If you do a serach for SMP and Dell you'll find my older posts
as well...

Best of luck,
Rutger